Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pajama Night: A Complete Success

I got home from work yesterday and told The Husband my intentions: walk the dogs, put on pajamas, help Susie finish her school project (which is suspiciously similar to this project - I guess her teacher has learned about Google), make dinner, watch TV with family while snuggling on the couch. Check, check, check, check, and check. What I didn't mention, because how would I know? Receive massage from children while eating the chocolate I got at the secret Santa exchange at my church board meeting. I swear to God. It happened. One kid rubbed my right leg and foot and the other had the left, then they switched and worked on my back and shoulders. All while watching our third-favorite game show, "Show Me The Money." Nice. All that was missing was a cocktail. Next time, kids, okay? Because you're slackers - I could totally mix a gin and tonic by the time I was seven. Oh and dinner? Funny boy, that son of mine. He shrieked (really!) about how he didn't want any of the beans. Then he loved them. Weirdo. Culinary secret revealed: Kroger Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning. Makes beans and greens delicious.


And I leave you with this frightening image, which was posted on our corporate website for a committee on which I serve. I don't really know why I'm sharing it except for total masochism, because I really really think it's not a great picture. But I am wearing my princess crown earrings, which makes it a little better.




1 comment:

Pam said...

I think it's a lovely picture!! And Princess Crown earrings make everything better!