Monday, November 20, 2006

I think I'm in a better mood today

Wow, I was sure grumpy last week. Sorry. Will try harder to smile and be charming again. (Wipes vaseline on front teeth - a pageant trick I learned back in the day.) (Another pageant trick: duck tape keeps your strapless dress in place, but owwwie when you remove said tape.)

So It Was The Will Of The Lord that my family (the Husband, The Boy, and Susie, as well as yours truly) all hang out in bed and watch Caddyshack 2 instead of attending church yesterday. Not being one to interfere with God's will, I complied. Very relaxing. Followed by breakfast at the Cafe then shopping at Target and the nearby grocery (nearby to Target, not to us, because our wonderful neighborhood does not have amenities like that) (because we live in the rough urban city, folks, not the suburbs) (and yeah, I'm tough).

We'll be visiting the Husband's family for Thanksgiving and he volunteered me to do much cooking. Which is fine....that's what I like to do anyway. So here's what I'm making: Pumpkin Soup (this recipe originates in Jamaica, where my family lived when I was a wee tot....and it's the only way to convince my father to eat pumpkin....everyone loves it), Creole Succotash (did you know that the first Thanksgiving feast included succotash? no? now you do. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without succotash.), Roasted Winter Vegetables with Rosemary and Kalamata Olives (just like the name....very tasty way to serve brussels sprouts and parsnips), and an Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce (okay, so The Boy requested apple pie...but I'm fancy).

My mother-in-law called yesterday and really, really wants me (me!) to go shopping with her and her daughters in the morning the day after Thanksgiving. I dunno why. Maybe because I'm such good company?

Still waiting for news. Would love to know today. That's a hint.

No comments: