Thursday, November 02, 2006

Being sick and distracting myself from it

I hate being sick.
I hate being sick.
I hate being sick.

However, I really love planning parties, so to make myself feel better, I started planning a birthday party for the Husband and our neighbor. They both have birthdays within a week of Christmas, which means they normally get lame birthday parties. Or none at all. So I've decided to have no other seasonal parties...no Christmas party...no New Year's Party. And instead I'm going to focus the fun on these two lovely people.

And everyone better come and bring them good gifts. Because they deserve a good time.

In other news, my singing group begins rehearsals on Saturday for our holiday concert. I'm very excited, since I sat out from the last two holiday concerts, and, despite being a mostly agnostic, I really really really really love Christmas music. Almost as much as I love planning parties. Which is a lot. Because I'm an extrovert.

Also I've been looking at diets. And I found this really cool site: www.mediterrasian.com. I like what they have to say and I think we can implement a lot of their suggestions in our family. All the research I've done about the Husband's "Metabolic Syndrome" diagnosis suggests that the Mediterranean diet is the solution. So we're gonna try. And if I lose a few pounds in the process, even better. He even told me today that he's interested in tai chi. As long as there's red wine, I can follow any diet.

No comments: