Tuesday, February 05, 2008

In lieu of a real post

Here's a meme (or something like it) that I shamelessly lifted from Hola, Isabel. And, without further ado, six lies and two truths about me:

1. I modeled nude, for money, during my second pregnancy. I earned about $200. For sleeping.

2. Even though I've lived out of the country and traveled pretty extensively during my childhood, I haven't left the United States since a year before I got married.

3. I've never voted for a winning candidate, whether in a major or local election. Turns out, I'm just not in the mainstream. Period.

4. Until I started dating the man who later became my husband, I was a rabid college football fan, and even missed dinner in the college refectory if a game went into overtime.

5. I dye my hair so frequently that I honestly have no idea what my natural color is. Or if I have any grey hairs.

6. I'm unreasonably afraid of tornadoes.

7. I won't eat organ meat. Of any kind. It's gross.

8. I've tried, but never succeeded, at giving blood. One time I was denied because I was under the required weight (110 lbs.) and once because I still had the sniffles. As a result, I force my husband (definitely more than 110 lbs.) to give blood since I never can.

So, if you think you know the truth, comment. I'm missing the comments. Please?

11 comments:

Ashleigh Carroll said...

Ok, I'll play!

Hmmmm....

I will guess the two truths are:

1. I mean, who can make stuff like that up. And if it is true, I NEED details. Ha.

7. Organ meat is gross...I think - at least it sounds gross.

Wendi said...

Let's see:
1. True
2. False
3. ?? I thought you voted for Clinton at least once, but not sure.
4. This one makes me laugh - BTW, you Liberal Arts School lover, colleges that have "refectories" don't have real football teams. (Having said that, I have watched a football game with you, so it could be true.)
5. True, I think
6. Could be true, but doesn't really seem like you
7. False
8. ? I can see how this could be true, but I have too many Trues, and I don't think your hubby would voluntarily give blood

So I'll go with 1 & 5 (or 1&4, or 1&3)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I have to correct you! Your honeymoon was a cruise. Did you get off the ocean liner on an island somewhere? And, I know you've been to Canada with me when Susie was a baby and again when Alex was in the stroller! How soon we forget!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I didn't read very carefully, did I! Sorry!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I'm going to say 1 and 3 are true.

just some guy said...

1. no idea
2. False, but really, does Canada count?
3. True
4. False
5. True
6. False
7. False
8. True

Isabel said...

Hey, thanks for playing along.

I choose #1 and #3.

Anonymous said...

I think #3 and #8 are true. And that's just a guess.

I'm so hoping #1 is true because that would be a heck of a story!

Noodle said...

I'm going to guess #1 and #7. I remember someone doing something that required sleeping. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Numbers two and five are true.

furrjen

Anonymous said...

Numbers two and five are true.

furrjen