Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Web Junk

Not junk at all, really. I opened my mail after work yesterday and found something wonderful: a $50 American Express Gift Card. I knew it was on the way, as I had won a contest on Maya's Mom. And that's awesome, because I rarely win stuff.

I dig Maya's Mom for a few reasons. It sort of reminds me of MySpace, without the obnoxiousness. It also reminds me of Moms Online, back in the day ("the day" being ten years ago, on AOL). It's a nifty way to get to know other moms (and some dads), check out their blogs, and hang out. If you're looking for a way to spend a pleasant hour on the internet, go there.

And I've already plugged MamaPop and its new baby sister, MamaPopTalk. But I'm plugging them again, because they crack me up more frequently than anything else. So much, that if you scroll down below my posts, you'll see a nifty new widget. Yes, Another Working Mom is here to share the celebrity gossip. 'Cause I'm a giver.

In other news, I witnessed one of the most admirable displays of generosity yesterday. I'm not that nice, nor am I that committed to anything. But I think if I give up too much information, somebody might be uncomfortable. So let's just say, wow. And if you're dying of curiosity, comment or email and I'll spill. Maybe.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

LOL @ "back in the day"

Spill it, girl! :)