Monday, May 19, 2008

Good talk

Mostly when I say, "Good talk!", I'm being silly or sarcastic. Like when Craig and I have been in the car alone for several minutes without talking. Or when we talk about nothing at all.


But sometimes when I say, "Good talk!", I mean it.


Last night, the couple I'd approached a few months back, the couple for whom I'd offered to be a surrogate mother, came over for "the talk". The talk that would move us forward or, well, not.


And moving forward seems to be the outcome of the conversation.


I'd rehearsed some of the questions I'd ask. I'd made some notes of topics that bore discussion. The topics were discussed, but some of the questions weren't asked. Not because I lost my nerve or decided they weren't appropriate, but because they weren't necessary.


It was a good talk.


We even discussed continuing the conversation, and documenting the journey, on a new blog. It's empty now, but keep your eyes peeled. There may be some good talk there.

6 comments:

Kalisa said...

wow. This is big.

Noodle said...

WOW! What tremendous news!

Dawn said...

Wow! Congrats to you for doing something so selfless.
I was actually in the works to be a surrogate myself. We did everything needed including the embryo transfer but it failed. I hope your journey is so much more productive! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you! You are amazing!

I'll put that link in my reader to read all about the journey. It will be just like Phoebe on Friends. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

You've been tagged by Mimi Queen of Memes
BlogBlast For Peace Meme ~Join The Revolution

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo! I get to DO-la! I get to DO-lah!

furr